Makeover Project #2: Pantry Door
This pantry door is in the corner of a family kitchen. It is no longer used as a pantry, rather for normal storage.
- The paint emulsion the door is emulsion, so marks.
- The previous owner has applied fake panel beading onto the door which cannot be removed without damaging the door.
- The family do not want the expense of a new door.
- Use the panelling effect to advantage and paint the “panel” with blackboard paint for the family to write notes on and younger members to draw on.
- Remove vents and spray paint white.
- Sand down door and coat with durable white satinwood paint.
- Change door handle.
Project cost = £25 (handle, blackboard paint, satinwood paint)
Memento Designs did a similar thing, but with magnetic paint as well. Genius.
Posted on December 12, 2011, in Interior, Makeover Projects and tagged blackboard, DIY, Door handle, Doors and Windows, Makeover, paint, Pantry, restoration, salvage. Bookmark the permalink. 2 Comments.