Makeover Project #3: Conservatory playroom
This conservatory is accessed from the kitchen/diner. It should have a dual personality. Playroom by day. Adult relaxing space by night. However the current layout and contents make feel more like a dumping ground.
- Lack of comfortable seating
- Dirty, faded carpet
- Toys dominate the room
- Jumble of mismatched furniture
- Replace carpet with wood-effect vinyl
- Add sofa for adult to relax on and “storytime” with children
- Use trugs to contain the worst of the toys in the evening
- Remove mismatched furniture
- Add accessories to give the room a more grown-up identity
- Replace foam floortiles with a rug that softens the floor that serves for both adults and children.
Project cost = £110 (flooring, trugs). Sofa, lamp and rug relocated from elsewhere in the house. A similar rug would cost £100 and sofa £500, if bought new (but try secondhand from ebay to save cost).